Tuesday, August 11, 2009

5:30 am in the airport

WHOS WATCHING WHO???


If you are a people watcher, the airport at 5:30 in the morning is the place to be. You see it all, business people,family's, couples who you know are planning to join the mile high club.... you know who they are .

The most moving thing I saw this morning was a young Chinese couple with a 2-3 yr old little boy, this little one was a cute as can be and all over the place as little ones are. I watched him for a few minutes and then looked away...all of a sudden he was crying hysterically, the couple was gone and in their place was a stewardess doing her best to calm him. My first thought was ... what kind of parents would let such a small child fly alone. Turns out this little boy was from a very small poor village in china he was here in the states to have very delicate heart surgery and the young couple were taking care of him while he was in the states, and now he was on his way home to his parents-amazing isn't it? I am back in Wisconsin trying to take care of of my parents estate- what a job 30 years of stuff to decide to keep or not keep.

A huge Thanks to Rhonda/Amy and Mark for all your help I could not have gotten through this without ya'll

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute Paula...I get it. ;)
Whoooo's watching whoooo.
You a funny girl.

See you around noon.