Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lemonade Stand


Alexis and her friend are running a lemonade stand they have had 4 customers and one even gave them a 5.00 bill. The excitement on their faces is incredible and it reminds me that even in my time of sadness that life is good and will go on.


I haven't said much about my dad passing away... sadly he and I had not spoke for over 4 years.... we both exchanged some ugly words and they were never taken back or apologized for. This is incredibly hard for me to live with as I am an only child and I loved both of my parents dearly. I moved here to Texas several months after my mom passed away, and luckily my dad did get to see Alexis a couple of times before we had words.My father was a hard man to please but everyone loved him. A thought ya'll please don't let hard feelings and words tear you away from the people you care about, you may find yourself unexpectedly in my shoes.


I do love you dad and am so sorry that we left things the way that we did, I hope you have found mom and are finally at peace.

3 comments:

Amy McQuillan said...

I'm so sorry Paula....I wish for you it wouldn't have ended that way...

Tell Alexis "good job, high 5" on "running her own business" :)

Let me know when you are coming back!

Anonymous said...

Good advice.
This tears me up...on so many different levels.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey after your phone call I was thinking Alexis is entering the free market and this is CAPITALISM at it's finest!!!
Love it!