Friday, March 27, 2009

Writing on the wall


Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own shit, that we fail to see even our closest friends hurting. We call or email just to say hello and how are you, and before we know it we are off on our own tangents about what the hubby did/did not do-kids and bosses that don't appreciate us ect. We laugh at our own follies and expect the friend to do the same. They leave clues and signs that something isn't right but still we miss them or dismiss them.
I have a friend that is hurting and now in retrospect I see the writing on the wall, but again was so caught up in my own shit that I failed to see it.


Dear friend please forgive me my carelessness and selfishness and please know my heart/eyes and ears are cleared and here for you.

3 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I hope your friend will be okay. You are a fantastic friend!

*Tanyetta* said...

You're so right. We need to slow down and listen to what's NOT being said.

Hopefully your friend will be OK soon.

Anonymous said...

I love you.