Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Frisbees,tennis balls, and awesome weather oh my


Little bit

Luke and Cheyanne


This is day number 2 now with temps here in Austin under 80 degrees, cant say thank you to Ike, he missed central Texas. I cant seem to tear myself away from the news. Houston and Galveston and everything in between are so devastated. We have evacuees here in Austin and these poor souls have literally nothing but what they came with, most have no homes to go home too. Chris and I took water,peanut butter, and dog and cat food to the Red Cross, it doesn't seem but a drop in the bucket, but I hope it helps.






Yesterday I took the three dogs out to the back pasture and wore there happy butts out playing Frisbee and tennis ball. We haven't been able to do much of that with the temps in the 100'S



Border Collies will chase until there hearts give out and our Golden well lets just says shes pleasingly plump so here chasing slows way down and of course the puppy (Great Pyrenees she just runs for the sheer enjoyment of it all.






Update on the cookie dough fund raiser..... I haven't sold one box, and to tell you the truth doesn't bother me one bit.






I also got to plant my fall and winter flowers.












Prayers to everyone on the coast.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

got to plant your fall and winter flowers?!!! Someday I hope to be able to say that.
you are one lucky ducky!
I could plant some mums but they'd last 6 weeks or less...is it worth it?

J-Online said...

The TX weather is wonderful right now isn't it? I'm enjoying it very much.

Thanks for helping out the Red Cross. Every bit helps. What a wonderful thing that you did.

paula said...

Plant em Rhonda they will come back next year, I always try to put some in but this year they are very small and sick looking.