Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ahhhhh to be 6 again

Last night around 8 Alexis and I took a walk around the back 40 ( its really not 40 acres its about 5) feed the goats and looked in on the baby deer we have several does and fawns living under the cedars. Our neighbor hollard over the fence hey my grand baby's are here have Alexis come over and play. She didn't even finish talking and Alexis was climbing the fence.With me just getting the stitches out there was no way my big ole butt was going over the fence. So I went got the truck and drove around to their place.By the time got there all three girls were stripped down to their Hannah Montana undies and were swimming in the pool, our neighbor has the best in ground pool, slides,diving board and fountains. We sat there watching them swim and dance and play make believe, I couldn't help but think how uptight and unwilling to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.... like swimming in your panties and pretending to be a rock star,we as adults become. Now I know its just not politically correct for grown people to strip to there tidy whiteys and go swimming but you get where I am going with this. I did take some pictures but refrain from posting em.... well because you know in this day and age ya just cant do that sort of thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post.
I've been so enjoying my family and friends for the past week...
I totally hear what you're sayin.

love ya

Shelly- Mom Files said...

aww, how sweet. I do agree that it is important to enjoy the simplest of things and we sure can learn a lot from little kids. I learn from mine all the time!

Anonymous said...

Paula... thanks for stopping by my blog!

Yours was perfect for me to read today, as my no waiting in line post stirred up quite a debate on mine... to come over here and have you show us to chill the heck out...

deep breath... thanks.

needed that.

paula said...

thanks katie, your blog is awesome
i love the crime and punishment