Sunday, August 24, 2008

Expectations

Today is my birthday, I admit I had high expectations from my family and friends-and for the most part I should have aimed low, low,low. Birthdays are a big deal for me, to me-its each persons one day when it truly is all about that person for a day. Special cake,special meal,presents each geared to that persons taste - that's how I roll anyway. So I assumed that with me having been so sick and having to go back into the hospital Tuesday for even more surgery, well hell I thought this one will be one to brag about in years to come.

Not happening- not even close, which made me MAD-which then led to guilt feelings,just because I make a big deal about birthdays doesn't make it wrong that other people dont
And its not fair for me to to thrust my expectations on other people or to feel put out because I did this for so and so on there birthday and they didn't even acknowledge mine.

It is what it is.....and deal with it I will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND...
KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED.
DISTANCE KEEPS US APART BUT I'M WITH YOU IN SPIRIT.

dykewife said...

happy hatch day!!! i'm glad you were born and am privileged to have this small glimpse into your life.